Recovery - Damaged File
If your computer crashes or your program file is damaged or corrupted for any reason,
you may be able to repair the program and recover your records.
- Close all running programs.
- Hold down Control + Shift at the same time on your keyboard, then Run the program.
Continue holding these keys until the Open Damaged File dialog box appears.
[Macintosh: Command + Option]
(Note: If you can't find the program, click here: Lost Program.)
- When the Open Damaged File dialog box opens,
select the file which you were told was damaged, and click Open.
This will start the Recovery / Repair process.
- Read the Recovery Complete dialog box and click OK.
- When the Open Damaged File dialog box reappears, click Cancel.
After the program starts, you may get a message indicating a Missing or Lost File.
This is an indication that your program is damaged beyond recovery.
If your program is damaged beyond repair / recovery,
See the Re-Install Options.