Recovery - Damaged File
If your computer crashes or your program file is damaged or corrupted for any reason,
you may be able to repair the program and recover your records by following these steps:
- Close all running programs.
- Hold down Control + Shift at the same time on your keyboard, then Run the program.
Continue holding these keys until the Open Damaged File dialog box appears.
[Macintosh: Command + Option]
(Note: If you can't find the program, click here: Lost Program.)
- When the Open Damaged File dialog box opens,
select the file which you were told was damaged, and click Open.
This will start the Recovery / Repair process.
- Read the Recovery Complete dialog box and click OK.
- When the Open Damaged File dialog box reappears, click Cancel.
After the program starts, you may get a message indicating a Missing or Lost File.
This is an indication that your program is damaged beyond recovery.
If you made a backup copy, use it to regain access to the program.
If your program is damaged beyond repair / recovery, you may:
- use your "Program - Backup Copy" to re-install (no unlock code required)
- download the latest version of your program (buy a NEW unlock code)
Making regular backup copies of the program (including its data)
will prevent loss of the program and the data.